Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Naivety? Perhaps.

Once.
I didn't know you
But I saw your trash on the curb
Once.
I'd sit there and watch it
But I couldn't find any words
Now.
I think I found them
Turns out you've got some words of your own
Now.
Let's try to hide them for
Once.
This story
This story


Why do I do this to myself? I let myself get emotionally entangled in something I knew not to be emotionally entangled with. Then turning around from that moment of frailty just to be hit in the face by the whiplash of reality.

Once.
You name the questions and
Ill try to hum back the words
Once.
They'll see it our way when
We promise no one gets hurt
Now.
Let's visualize it again
We'll write it right off the page
Now.
Feels so imaginary
Once.
This story
This story


Things getting too far out of hand isn't always a bad thing. But having it bloat up to something not entirely intended at first can be an emotional typhoon.

Once.
You look so happy together
Once.
You seem so happy together
Now.
This story's falling
It's falling
Now.
This story
Once.
keeps falling down

It's a shame feelings can't be shut off. I've previously taken distance from people I don't get along with. And that's easy. Rarely have I had to cut contact with someone I like to hang around with, so as not to misunderstand their intentions again.

Once.
You look so happy together
Once.
You seem so happy together
Now.
This story's over
It's over
Now.
This story
Once.
keeps falling down

Perhaps look at her as a friend again someday.

Lyrics to Once by OSI

No comments: