Monday, 17 March 2008

The working motor from Bavaria

Well, what can I say? There indeed is a 20-year old BMW, net worth roughly 1000e, sitting in the drive. Now before you burst into a spontaneous mixture of laughter and tears, I'd like to point out that this car is probably in better nick than the 3-year old heap of pile-Passat I used to drive for a living. Not to mention the superb style and charisma of a classic BMW.

Is it true that such magnificent machinery can and will be found even for the right price? Is this man of such utter superiority to succeed in such a task impossible to mere mortals, you ask. Well .. uhh I'm not. All credit goes to "'tis a ruse" public^, the local tyre kicker and internet car search addict. And I'm a bit bitter about the whole thing. I mean, without him, I'd probably have ended up with some piece of junk or nothing at all. Sucks to be second best.

I've heard numerous requests on getting a new blog entry up sooner, and I do apologize for the delay. But you must understand, well, first of all, I don't give a shit. And second of all, I've been a victim of the local flue type disease, practically binding me to the bed for about a week. Also I had to make a few critical corrections to my recent blog posts to keep my readers from ganging up as a lynching party and sticking my head on a pike. Not to say it wouldn't make a handsome ornament, but for the time being, I like my head where it is.

What's worth mentioning is the trip to the local nightclub by the previously mentioned public^ character and myself. Heading into unknown territory, I was ready to start meeting people immediately after entering. We were lucky enough to run into the Ladybird gang and their friends though, which made my life a bit easier. So what happens next? I got 6 girls around me, enjoying my company. Truly a fine situation to be in.

Now, in a club environment, one has to be ready to talk loudly. In a Finnish club environment, one has to shout like a fucking fog horn to keep people interested. And I was doing just that, until my vocal chords apparently decided to punch in fold & sit out, which resulted in my interest rate falling down to a negative percentage of about a million and one. Sitting there flapping my jaw like a mute duck, I thought it best to leave.

No comments: