Friday, 31 August 2007

You don't cash out on the spot? WTF

Take 3 years of either taking your paycheck out of the taxi fares or just walking to the cashier at the casino. There. You did your work, you got your money.

Now. Somebody tell me who the hell designed paychecks to arrive 1 month after you've been working? WTF is up with that? Isn't it terribly inefficient to inform sixteen people I've actually been working, get them to move their asses towards their 17" LCD:s, remove the obligatory expenses like tax and pencil rental from your hard earned salary and then design a complicated process of moving the money around until it finally reaches your goddamn account?

So I gave up this hourly pay-crap. Try to manage on the student support system.. I really gotta get back on the poque-scene, this is killing me!



I was leaving Helsinki yesterday and decided, against my habit, not to jump a red light. Turned out that the person crossing the road was an age old friend of mine. I pulled over and caught up with her. We exchanged numbers and chatted a bit, but I kinda left thinking that I wouldn't see her for a long time again. But, for my surprise, she texted me last night, asked if I'd wanna grab a beer. Hell yeah, I thought, and packed up my card dealer job at Roihuvuori.
So we got together at this horrid place called Molly Malone's. Seriously, you really gotta be some sorta genious to actually design these Irish pubs. Labyrinth type interior with the only available table next to the bathroom door. It soon became available again after I realized my sense of enjoyment was severely crippled by the smell of big ugly men having a piss 2 meters away.

After my dash cunning side gave its best and we got a better table, the night, late as it was, seemed to pass lightning fast. I really gotta give her a call again some day. Never got too many good friends whom with you can babble on for hours on end.

No comments: