Sunday, 9 September 2007

Airline pilot Lost and not so much Found

I dressed up as an airline captain and headed off to Pasila. Goofy glasses and knee guards for shoulders, I guess I made a decent amount of respect in the dressing up-department that day. I'm quite sure a lady on the bus actually took me for a real captain, which cracked me up. The day really sucked the juice out of me: drinking and walking around Helsinki for almost 10 hours is a good test of patience for anyone. A few Batterys here and there kept us going.

Royal Onnela, roughly translated to the kingdom of great despair, was actually a positive surprise. I got to sing karaoke. And even though my voice cracked up halfway through the song and I couldn't hear a thing I was saying, I got a lady to dance with me and applause at the end. Which was quite cool. What's up with the lady with my hat? Couldn't figure her out. Well, I was dead tired after that day, I slept for like a week afterwards (still asleep!).

What's up with this sudden trend in importing Toyota Supra MKIVs? Saw the Vasmo Motorsport Supra followed by two other Supras last night.. I think I'll live a week off that dump valve sound alone. Why oh why don't they make the damn car anymore..

Alfa Romeo. Whoever had the genius to design a car that has the build quality of a haystack, mechanics and driveability of a donkey, and the appearance and character of something so beautiful. How many times have you talked to an Alfa-male (or Alfa owner) about the faults of his car, only to have him make a smug smile and hear "It's an Alfa Romeo." And worst of all, you agree with him. You don't give a toss about about the fact that the damn car will probably break into pieces every 6 km. You couldn't care less that the cars are front wheel drive or that the V6 in the Brera doesn't really move the heavy hulk. They're Alfas. I gotta get me one.

Think about it. You're at a party and the guys are talking. "I drive a Mercedes", and the guy flashes the lights of his A-Class. The other guy nods "I got a Beamer." and points to his 3-series compact. You don't need to say ANYTHING, because you know that the only thing that people are really looking at is your silvery blue Alfa Romeo 147. .. Which you need the neighbours Mazda6 to jumpstart because the shoddy electrics emptied your battery. But you don't care.

I tried a bit of poker for a change. It's been shit. Running into coinflips all the time, get outdrawn on my 60-80% hands, find myself on the short end of a full house.. I guess I'll keep the break going for a few months so I'll get rid of this tilt. I mean sure, I guess I'm getting sorta unlucky when my percentages don't really hold up. But I'm also finding myself making amazing reads. Which is a good thing. Then I don't trust the reads and pay him off anyway. Which is fucking stupid. Yup, I think a break might be well in demand here.

No comments: