Suddenly I find my uniqueness as a Janne threatened, as 5 Jannes have popped into the close vicinity of my array of acquaintances. A couple of them are friends who I cleverly disguise with fake names like Zoidberg. But he's more of a crustacean than a Janne anyways, so that's a given. The others are the smaller siblings of girls I've gotten to know. Sure. So they're not single. I can handle that. I've gotten used to girls not being single. But the thing is, they're not single AND they're doing it with a guy named Janne. Gimme a fucking break. Whoever said fate had a sense of irony? Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a B-class romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant. Without Hugh Grant.
I got a lot of flaming from the public flaming department about the url of this page. So I made some more adjustments. I hope someone's listened to Breaking Benjamin, otherwise I'll seem like the dullest chip on the block.
I heard that about 80% of our business class ended up in Helia as a second choice and will probably try switching schools in the spring. Why. Who gives a flying bee's ass what you've studied and what it says on your degree, as long as you get a job that you like and pays the rent. Even that seems a far fetched idea these days, so why strain yourself with an entrance exam that takes 6 months to study for, when you can use that time to study in a school that's easier to get into? Then after you've actually got some sorta degree, you can continue studying for the higher degree. That's what I had in mind, if meanwhile I don't get caught up in some car dealing.
This ranking of people by a hardcore written exam, based only on memorizing a million pages of study material, has got to have its downsides. There's going to be a day when the schools can't quite figure out how they ended up with a room full of idiots, who can only recite passages from their memory. Which is actually why I'm not in a hurry to leave the Helia Polytechnic: teaching and learning with an emphasis on the practical side of things is something I greatly appreciate.
Which brings me to my own inside joke of the day: PBL - PedoBear Learning.
Poker? Well. I realized something last night. My instincts are quite sharp these days, I seem to sense when I'm beat with accuracy that amazes me. I might get bluffed a few times, but just knowing that 70-80% of the time my thinking is correct will give me the confidence to make some huge laydowns in the future. I wish I could play live, I probably could increase that number to about 110% just by looking at the other guy's face. Now to practice some nerves of steel so I can actually make all the folds I know I should..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment