This girl at school didn't know how to change a fluorescent lamp. We made a big joke about it, being master gurus of everything. I mean, how hard can it be? (Mr. Clarkson) Well. I also happen to have a broken halogen light bulb on my ceiling rack. It's one of those tiny 12V ones, where they're damn bright and damn small. So I bought myself a replacement and tried installing it. Tough luck, the one I bought was too big. Back to the store for a second attempt then. Sure, got myself the right one this time. Sure, it would've fit in the socket just fine. Is the bulb sitting in 3 pieces on my table right now? Sure it is.
So how damn hard is it to change a lamp? I'm telling you, it's a real mindfucker.
Today I visited my spare grandma. Not spare as in the empty tyre in your boot-kind of spare, but the type where you just recently find out about this grandma even existing. Not to even mention the fact that the person who thought was your grandma actually isn't your grandma. Gotta love this kind of shit, makes you feel like you're part of a Bold & Beautiful rerun. And to hide this from the kids, whom, at least according to our driver's licenses, should be considered grown ups? Seems like everyone's so goddamn proud of their heritage, when in fact the only thing done properly is covering up the various messes people have left behind.
"They're your family and you should show some respect" I hear you scream in silence. Sure, they're my family, and there should be a lot to show respect for. And yup, there are a couple of things to mention. I respect the fact that I've seen how twisted inside someone can get, and thus taught myself how to avoid becoming something similar.
Anyway, the spare grandma did what grannys tend to do, and I got a fridge-full of stuff to eat. Which is nice. Also I got to see my sister for a change, who, in these recent years, has indeed shown evidence of being human. Coming from a family of half-kobolds, that's quite an achievement.
Right, enough whining. Mr. Tekken bought himself a Beamer. Just thought I'd slip that in to lighten the mood a bit. And I feel invincible in poker again. I'm outplaying people 90% of the time. Right now I believe I'm a winning player at my level.
--Net poker shows $660--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment