Thursday, 18 October 2007

Headbanging

I read people. It comes naturally to me, as I've spent (too much) time trying to get into peoples' heads at the poker table. These days I've been alarmingly accurate in my reads. Nothing wrong with being right at the tables, but sometimes being too right in the real world catches you off guard.

I'll refrain from commenting on the truthfullness of this next story. Not to say that it wouldn't be true. Just mentioning this, so you'll all be confused at why I'm emphasizing the possibility of this all being made up.

Right. So you meet.. uhh someone. At first glance you already start taking mental notes on their appearance, posture, and overall presence. As you exchange first words, you create an image of where they're from, what their ambitions are and how they'll react to certain .. stimulants. Coming from me, that basically means how easily I can piss them off, and how they'll react to being pissed off. After a while (30 minutes or so) you've formed a basic image of the person. You know what personality group they fit into, what their opinion is on stuff and you can even hypothesize what lead to them being like they are.

So I got to this point on analyzing. I made a few subconscious notes on the person's past, figured it must've been a bit .. grim. You know, the kind that you write heavy metal songs about. I figured the shy appearance was a mixture of self-defence and not trusting me too much. Then I continued on to presume that not trusting me properly was a result of some hefty trust abuse in the past. And, usually having a problem with quiet (I used the word shy here, but that's not necessarily accurate) people, as I find them untrustworthy and spineless, this one seemed different. It wasn't the same kind of shyness. Well, I tend not to take my head too seriously, as I might as well be exaggerating my observations unintentionally.

Truth is hard though, left me kinda stumped to learn that I was more right than I expected to be. This person probably reads this blog as well, so I'll shut up about this subject before I reveal something embarrassing.

Efficient uses of time

I rule. Grandma (not the spare wheel) hired me to clean up the Audi and pick up an older gentleman at the Turku harbour. As is my habit, I wasn't exactly on schedule regarding the car cleaning, so I had to catch up on time during the trip. I didn't even floor it and the 2.0TDI took 1h 25 minutes from my house to Turku. This half-reckless driving and breaking speedlimits got me there an hour early so I sat around and waited. I love being uselessly quick.

--Netpoker shows $250 after recent withdrawal of $350--

No comments: