Sunday, 28 October 2007

Sure you will

WTF, who ate my brain and inserted a singing sasquatch in place?

These were the thoughts speeding through my head this morning. I'm not admitting to anything, but I might've been drinking some at the poker game last night. But I couldn't miss this math lesson, it was the first one of the semester so it had to be important. Right? No. Fucking wrong.

I woke up at daybreak just to sit in a class full of dimwits learning how to calculate value added tax. What the flying .. At first I thought I mistook my school for the one next door, where they teach people to walk and tie their shoes. I double checked and yes, I was in the one with "non-capable idiots enter here" written on the door. I politely asked the teacher if I could've been excused to do something more important with my time, like make a YouTube-clip of me farting the Super Mario Bros theme. The arithmetical manatee bluntly disagreed. I did my tie a noose round yer neck-impression and proceeded to lapse into a coma.

The old Saphap didn't exactly lighten my misfortune. I'd promised to drop by for a massive unloading of my mental burden, just to be met by a wall of impenetrable misfortune. It was a door really, but I'm being dramatic, so shut up and listen. I rang the door bell. Nothing happened. Rang it again and gave the man a call. Nothing. After about 15 minutes of no answers and standing in the rain, I gave up. Took a walk towards the train station. As Hollywoodlike as it gets, I was just entering the train, when Saphap called me back. He'd been in the fricken shower the whole time. I gave him a rundown on how you DO NOT leave a tired and hungry friend standing in the rain while your massaging your roehmy in the shower. I had to forgive him quickly enough, as no one was interested in my whine, and I got a glass of Coca Cola for my trouble.

I was rescued from the hellhole they call Kilo by the equally tired, but quite likely more grouchy, Ladybird. I'm sure she only wanted an opinion on her recent furniture acquirements, but after my day, I couldn't help feeling damn grateful for the ride.

Still, it all ended with one of those moments that you hope would last a bit longer than they do.

So it wasn't all crap.

No comments: