Sometimes you just wake up to this uncannily tangible feeling of utter malaise. The kind where your very spit tastes of pure aggravation. Now, since I didn't actually have anything to be irritated about, I found the whole episode a bit comical. And as per usual with these types of things, the whole feeling of destroying something left as soon as I started smiling about it.
How annoying. Can't even muster a decent angst these days.
To my surprise, this general annoyance had made an appearance in a few other homes as well. As the 24h random entertainment facility that I am, I had been summoned by Ladybird to spice up her supposedly tedious afternoon. Annoyingly, I actually did find it in myself to devise a cunning plan to rid us of this boredom. So we grabbed captain Haddock and set full sail for the public's hometown, Myllykoski.
An odd combo for this sort of trip, but we totally turned the Kouvola nightlife inside out. I think even Ladybird had a good time, even though she insisted our tales of IRC, cars and women were pointless and dull.
Ex tempore trips outside your regular rat race life give you a chance to forget some of the daily worries. I guess that's what I needed the most, and probably still do: getting away for a while.
On the return leg, the roads had frozen up and I was going a bit above Godspeed. The moon shone brightly, the weather was clear and my reactions were top notch, as I'm nearly superhuman. But even my confidence was unsettled, after seeing two trucks, that had evidently found the winding motorway too hard to handle, with their noses in the ditch. I had promised to take care of the coughing Astra though, and I wasn't about to break that promise. Especially not if it meant spending my morning freezing my ass off beside a car crash, explaining to the authorities how fast Godspeed really is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment