While heading for today's lecture by Mr. Sarasvuo and the gang, I realized I needed my Battery. The nearest store had one of those automated revolving doors that revolved slower than Mars revolves around the Sun. I was in a damned hurry, so I figured I'd manually encourage the door to give its best effort at it's purpose in existing. At times like this I feel I'm merely a pawn in my own huge puppetshow, controlled by someone with a horridly twisted sense of humour. Because, the very instant my hand shifted momentum, my eyes met with a note on the glass wall that read "Please do not attempt to manually speed up the opening process, or the door will freeze. Thank you and have a nice day." Even my fox-like reactions didn't help to avoid the inevitable. I heard the universe laugh in the distance while I waited for the guard to let me out of my glass prison.
The guys called me to join our school Christmas party, and obviously I couldn't miss that. I thought taking a car might be the right solution here, considering I'd been out four nights in a row. Coming up with wheels at that point on a Sunday though, would've required undue effort, so I ended up taking the bus after all. I mean, why not. I'd take the last bus back. No problem. I would not, for instance, pay the night fare or grab a taxi.
So what actually happened was this: the last bus had left an hour earlier than I thought and they apparently don't do night shifts on Sundays. The cold breath of an empty Helsinki puffed down my neck as I banged my head on the locked up doors of the bus station. Not trying to make a scene, I promptly set foot towards Espoo, whimpering of desperation. With every passing step, my desperation slowly turned into spite, and from spite into pure rage. After crossing the bridge leaving downtown, I turned towards the cityline and proceeded to form horrible curses in an epically booming voice, speaking languages I'd previously never heard of. My hair blew in the wind roused by the thunderstorm I summoned over the city, through the force of sheer fury. My wrath was to bring an end to civilization! The skies turned red, and maelstroms swallowed entire beaches! Or at least I could've done that. I actually ended up grinding my teeth and giving in to the bloody taxi fare after walking for a few km.
Anyway, back to the party. Seems like the excessive amount of nights out last week didn't go entirely unnoticed by the mischievous puppetmaster sitting at the universal control box. The Christmas party started from Pikku Klubi, a lounge type bar. Contrary to what I thought, about the bar being a dull alcohol dump with a plastic interior designed only to suit the needs of mindless teens, the place actually had a cool decor and a nice overall feeling to it. And that's saying a lot for a modern bar in downtown Helsinki.
There was this cute girl playing Guitar Hero on a Playstation 2 they'd fixed up in a corner of the bar. I asked her if I could have a go next. Surprisingly she answered me in English, smothered by a thick Australian accent. I thought that was mighty hot, and we ended up chatting a bit. I bought us drinks and half by instinct drew a playah card I didn't know I held. I gave her the beer and a small "You're welcome," and immediately took off to hang with my friends. Not too surprisingly my small move made the desired effect, and she came to talk to me a while later. So I got an Australian bartender girl's phone number. Neato.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment