Friday, 28 September 2007

Rake! Give it back!

Poker sites make money from rake. Rake is collected from the pots exchanged by the players. So in theory, if all the players were equal in skill, the casino would eventually have all the money. These days poker sites have to fight for the players, so they offer all kinds of bonuses. One type of bonus is called rakeback, which, through the site's affiliates, ends up as money in the player's pocket. My 40% rakeback deal seems to be paying off.

Games are good at nextpoker.com, I seem to be above the average skill level and can easily handle myself. My goal has been to keep at +-0 level, but I've even managed to cook up a small profit. I've been trying to change my game style to the kind where I make heroic superman-type laydowns, and rather bet for value when I actually have the nuts, or just try to steal pots without showing my cards. And so far it seems to be working quite well. Nerve soothing to know that only +-0 is required and I'll still make a profit from the rakeback.

No comments: